A pressure cooker is an essential cookware in every Indian kitchen. Many are not aware that lots of unusual dishes can be prepared with your pressure cooker.
Cooking different dishes with a pressure cooker saves a lot of time and energy. There are also health benefits as the cooker preserves the vital nutrients of the food. Normally, the pressure cooker is used only to steam rice, lentils, and vegetables.
However, pressure cookers can be used as an oven or as a frying vessel. To bake, cook, steam different food items, the pressure cooker is useful; therefore, here we have enlisted the 10 best Indian pressure cooker recipes for you.
Top ten best pressure cooker recipes in India 2020
Table of Contents
- Finely chop vegetables such as potatoes, beans, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- After that, add butter in the pressure cooker. Add some cumin seeds and wait until it starts to sizzle.
- Add chopped onions and sauté nicely until golden brown.
- Add chilies, ginger garlic paste, and after that, add tomato and capsicum.
- Add desired spices, turmeric powder, and salt to taste along with water.
- Now close the cooker lid and put it for five whistles. When opening the lid, you can add butter and bhaji masala.
- Within fifteen minutes, your tasty pav bhaji is cooked. Serve it hot with bread.
- First, marinate Paneer with curd, chili powder, and salt mixture. Also, soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Add ghee, cumin seeds, garam masala, cinnamon, and bay leaves in the cooker.
- Now add onions, and when golden brown keeps it aside.
- In the cooker put onions, marinated Paneer, rice, and enough water. You can also add biryani masala or saffron. Now slow cook the biryani for 25 minutes by closing the lid. Now open the lid and serve hot.
- Add ghee in the pressure cooker and also add desired grated carrots. Sauté the carrot until the moisture in it is dried.
- Add milk, dates to the carrots, and put 3 whistles.
- After opening, add quarter cup milk, half cup milkmaid and cardamom powder, stir well, and slow cook for 5 minutes. Add more sugar for sweetness. Your easy pressure cooker made carrot halwa is cooked.
- Add some ghee or butter to the cooker.
- Add cumin seed when they splutter, add green chilies, onion and tomato sauté it well.
- Add spices such as garam masala, ginger garlic paste, cinnamon, and cardamom and sauté until the raw smell goes.
- Now add kidney beans that have been soaked overnight and with it add water. Close the lid and after a few whistles. You can add Rajma masala and serve the dish hot with steamed rice.
- The same recipe of the dal when cooking in a pan can be followed here.
- After sautéing all the needed ingredients, pour the water in the cooker and add soaked dal to it. Give four whistles and garnish the dal with finely chopped coriander.
Moong dal khichdi
- Soak Moong dal and rice separately for approx 20 minutes.
- Add ghee in the cooker and add desired vegetables. Add dal and rice to sautéed vegetables and add turmeric and salt. Leave it in the cooker for 15 mins and then serve it hot.
Roughly chop vegetables such as carrots, beans, cauliflower, beetroot, and other desired vegetables. Add it to the cooker with water with a pinch of pepper, salt, and turmeric. Leave it for a few minutes on the cooker and serve hot, healthy vegetable soup.
- Nicely mix cake dough, a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Now blend cocoa powder, oil, and butter in a pan.
- Boil the above and make sure the mixture is blended well.
- Add salt to the surface and add curd, vinegar, baking soda, and mix well.
- Keep the mixture in the cooker for 50 minutes to bake a delicious chocolate cake.
- In the cooker, add oil, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and paste of onion.
- Add garlic paste, Chole masala, and overnight soaked Chole.
- Cover the cooker lid and put it on for a few whistles.
- You can serve hot Chole with roti or naan.
- In the cooker, add oil, cardamom, cumin, and cinnamon sticks.
- After that, add onions, garlic paste, green chilies, and sauté nicely.
- You can add cashew and vegetables of your choice.
- Add rice, a cup of milk and water then cover the lid.
- After a few whistles, open the lid and serve the coconut milk rice.
Try these above 10 delicious recipes on your pressure cooker. For easy and effortless cooking, you can try even more dishes that can be cooked on the pressure cooker and please do share with us if you have any new dish in your mind which you have try with your pressure cooker.
If you want to taste any non-veg recipe then you can see our recently publish post how to cook egg biryani in a pressure cooker here.
This blog is made for all those people who are looking for the best and reliable pressure cooker online, here at Pressurecookeronline.in you will get all type of pressure cooker reviews, pros & cons, size, brand & price wise and hope you will get the best pressure cooker from this guide.