Pressure cookers are the most common kitchen appliance to be found in Indian homes. A pressure cooker is a familiar and necessary equipment for cooking any type of Indian recipe. One main reason why people prefer a pressure cooker is that it cuts down the cooking time. A pressure cooker is a handy appliance that a working mom loves to have at home.
The working of pressure is simple; it can be used to cook food either on a gas stove or induction stove. Cooking food using gas is one healthy way to make meals. The pressure cooker helps in cooking hard ingredients like lentils, chickpeas, and other pulses in no time. Further, pressure cooking helps in retaining the vitamins, minerals, and other necessary elements present in it. This method of cooking ensures the food stays healthy by keeping its nutrients that are important for the health and wealth of a person.
One other important point that we should remember about pressure cooking is that as the food is not exposed to air and in return, the nutrients are not lost. Buying a pressure cooker is simple in India, but picking the right model that suits our family’s needs takes time and effort. The capacity, material, and make of the pressure cooker that we find today may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Here, in this article, we have shared information on different types of pressure cookers. We have also included a buying guide to help you choose the right product. The ten best pressure cookers mentioned in the article include a review of the product to help customers all over the country to make an informed decision. Pressure cookers are available at online and offline stores. Read through the article to know more about pressure cookers and how to buy them.
Ten best 1.5 litres pressure cookers in India – Review guide
Table of Contents
- Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
- Prestige Deluxe Duo Plus Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 1.5 Litres
- Wonderchef Nigella Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
- Tuffware Hard Anodized Pressure Pan Junior 2 L
- Pigeon by Stovekraft 101 Deluxe Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 2 litres
- Master Stello Stainless Steel High-Grade Outer Lid Pressure Cooker Capacity 1.5 LTR
- United Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 1.5L(Silver)
- Pristine Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
- SARAL Aluminium 1.5 L Pressure Cooker with Inner Lid
- Sunkwik Easie Pressure Cooker 1 LTR, Inner LID with Spiral Grooving
- How to buy the best pressure cooker in India? – Buying Guide
Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker is one model on the list that requires no introduction. Hawkins Company has been in existence for a long time now. There is hardly any Indian household that doesn’t know about Hawkins’s brand of pressure cookers. Features, pros, and cons of Hawkins pressure cooker are listed down.
- Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker is made of superior grade AISI non-magnetic stainless steel.
- External base of the pressure cooker contains the same AISI 430 grade stainless steel, which is compatible with induction stove cooking.
- Thick sandwich bottom of the pressure cooker provides for uniform heating of food and no-hot spots while cooking
- Body of the pressure cooker is designed to be curved that allows for easy stirring and mixing of ingredients when cooking food.
- Stainless steel pressure cooker stays bright as they don’t corrode for a long time
- Safety features of the pressure cooker include – pressure locked safety lid and safety valve.
- Pressure cooker comes with 5 years of warranty given by the manufacturer.
Pros – The design of the pressure cooker is elegant and appealing. The stainless steel material used in the manufacturing of the pressure cooker is durable and lasts long. The pressure cooker includes safety features, so you need not worry about cooking food in it.
Cons – Since the pressure cooker has a stainless steel base, it consumes more energy than other materials.
You may also see; Top 3 Best 1.5 Liters Pressure Cookers of Hawkins Here
Prestige Deluxe Duo Plus Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 1.5 Litres
Prestige pressure cookers are a well-known manufacturer in India. The company is specialized in the production of kitchen appliances like pressure cookers and non-stick cookware for ages now. Prestige deluxe pressure cooker design resembles a Handi and includes a glass lid. The pressure cooker is both gas and induction stove compatible. Features, pros, and cons of the prestige pressure cooker are mentioned below.
- Base of the pressure cooker is stainless steel with perforated holes that ensures even heat distribution without heat spots.
- Pressure cooker includes modern, durable handles for easy holding and maintenance.
- Handi shape of the pressure cooker makes it ideal for cooking a variety of Indian recipes.
- Safety features of the pressure cooker include a precision weight valve and a controlled gasket release system.
- Glass lid prestige pressure cooker comes with a ladle holder. The same pressure cooker can be used for serving dishes.
Pros – Prestige pressure cooker is known for innovation, and it is one of the fastest-growing companies. The body and base and other parts of the pressure cooker are made of high-quality material for durability. The hard anodized body of the pressure cooker further increases the quality of the product.
Cons – The aluminium quality of the pressure cookers is not as durable as stainless steel ones.
Wonderchef Nigella Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
The first pressure cooker that we will be reviewing in this article is from a company known as Wonderchef. This brand of pressure cookers is the latest addition to the Indian market in comparison to other brands like Pigeon and butterfly. The design of the pressure cooker is made by the manufacturer considering the necessities of an Indian kitchen and cooking style. Wonderchef brand Nigella pressure cooker remaining features, pros, and cons are included below to help you understand the product better.
- The Wonderchef Nigella pressure cooker is made of strong and durable stainless steel.
- Fantastic look of the pressure cooker coupled with a classy soft-touch handle completes the model. Having a Wonderchef pressure cooker at home adds character to your kitchen
- Pressure regulation of the model is designed precisely that helps regulate pressure better, cook quicker, and save gas.
- Cooker makes 3 ply base constructions for quick heating
Steel and aluminium layers of the pressure cooker help save energy and prevent food from burning while cooking.
- Body of the pressure cooker is constructed to be sustainable and includes safety features
- A Nigella pressure cooker comes with a five years warranty offered by the manufacturer.
Pros – Stainless steel material of the pressure cooker is the best kind available in the market. The pressure can be used for multiple purposes. The best part is that the pressure cooker can be used on an induction stove.
Cons – the closing of the pressure cooker lid is difficult when it is hot.
Tuffware Hard Anodized Pressure Pan Junior 2 L
The next pressure cooker model that we will be reviewing today is from a company known as Tuffware. A Tuffware company entered into the field of producing kitchenware by moving away from the traditional method of manufacturing cooking appliances. The company aims to transform the cooking appliance industry by manufacturing innovative products. Tuffware hard anodized pressure Pan junior stands on par with the company’s philosophy.
The significant features of the Tuffware pressure cooker, pros and cons are mentioned hereafter for making an easy purchase.
- The pressure cooker is designed like a pan, which is very convenient for cooking multiple recipes across different states’ food.
- Pressure cooker is constructed using hard-anodized aluminum that enhances the life of the appliance.
- Black colored pressure cooker is compact and elegant in design that adds an element of style to our kitchen.
- Cooker construction includes a tough base that heats quickly and prevents wastage of gas.
- The Tuffware pressure cookers hold a 5 years warranty provided by the manufacturer.
Pros – Tuffware pressure cooker is a common type of pressure model that we see today in Indian kitchens. The pressure cooker is designed to be 33 per cent energy-efficient. The capacity of the pressure cooker is 2 litres that can be used to cook food for a small family consisting of 2 – 3 members.
Cons – The capacity of the Tuffware pressure pan doesn’t support cooking food for a large number of people or medium families like 4 – 5 people.
Pigeon by Stovekraft 101 Deluxe Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 2 litres
Pigeon is the most common brand of pressure cooker that we find in India. The pressure cookers are all-time favourites by customers all over the country. Pigeon has produced a wide range of outer lid pressure cookers of various capacities. Pigeon deluxe pressure cooker by Stovekraft is designed to transform the Indian kitchen by the pressure cooker features and appearance. Features, pros, and cons of the Pigeon pressure cooker by Stovekraft are mentioned hereafter for your reference.
- Pressure cooker is made of high –quality and food-grade aluminum body for durability and also to ensure the food cooked in it is safe for consumption
- Handles of the pressure cooker are ergonomically designed for better grip and easier handling of the cooker.
- Gasket of the pressure cooker is made in consideration with food standards. The gasket vent of the pressure cooker comes with a safety valve for releasing excessive pressure in case of failure of the main pressure valve.
- Safety of the pressure cooker is further increases by including metallic safety plug
- Pigeon deluxe model pressure cookers are built to be stain-resistant for easy clean and maintenance.
Pros – the Pigeon is a well–known brand for pressure cookers. This pressure cooker model is ISI certified and comes with 5 years of warranty from the manufacturer’s side.
Cons – Aluminum cookers are prone to corrosion over time.
Master Stello Stainless Steel High-Grade Outer Lid Pressure Cooker Capacity 1.5 LTR
The next product that we will be discussing in the article is the Master Stello pressure cooker. The Master Stello pressure cooker is an ideal and premium quality stainless steel cooker. The best feature of this product is that it is made of stainless steel, which is considered the best material for a pressure cooker. The important features, pros, and cons of this pressure cooker are mentioned below for your reference.
- As the pressure cooker is made of stainless steel of good quality, you need not worry about the durability of the product.
- Master Stello stainless pressure cooker comes with a dual safety valve that provides double protection to the pressure cooker.
- The Safety feature of the pressure cooker is further increased by the gasket release system included in the product.
- Handling of the pressure cooker is made simple by including features like Bakelite handle and flame guard. The gasket of the pressure cooker is made of high-quality food-grade silicone rubber.
- The last and significant feature of the pressure is lead-free safety features. This ensures the food you cook in the pressure cooker doesn’t come in contact with poisonous lead content.
Pros – Master Stello is a high–quality stainless steel pressure cooker built to meet Indian standards. The quality, intensity, and rigidity of the pressure cooker are key points to note. The built and the material used in the production of the pressure cooker enables it to withstand wear and tear. The cooker includes multiple safety features to provide a safe cooking experience.
Cons – Some customers have observed that the screws of the pressure cooker need to be tightened after a while regularly.
United Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 1.5L(Silver)
A United pressure cooker came into existence in 1954. Since then, the pressure cooker by United has become a household name in India. The company believes that the customers buying pressure cookers look for two important things – safety and design. United pressure cookers are ISI certified, so you need not worry about their quality. The other features, pros, and cons of the united pressure cooker areas are listed below.
- United pressure cooker includes an inner aluminum lid for safe usage
- Pressure cooker is designed by using the latest technology that is a safe and economical option for present-day modern Indian households.
- This model of the pressure cooker is made of fine – quality materials that increase its durability and stability
- The dimensions of the pressure cooker – 310x180x140.
- United pressure cooker comes with a 60 months warranty provided by the manufacturer
Pros – the pressure cooker designed by the United is of good quality. The in-house research team of the company plays an important role in improving the quality of the pressure cooker. The safety mechanism and inner aluminium lid of the pressure cooker are the best features of the product.
Cons – We couldn’t find any cons for this product.
Pristine Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 litres
Pristine pressure cookers are known for their design, which is professional and appealing. The Pristine induction base pressure cooker is made of imported European stainless steel. Manufacturing of the pressure cooker is undertaken after adopting the latest technology and best practices. Read the features, pros, and cons of the pressure cooker, which is mentioned in the next part before purchasing it.
- Pressure cookers by Pristine are energy efficient, which plays an important role in cooking healthy and delicious meals.
- Base of the pressure is made of tri-ply that allows for even distribution of heat and faster cooking of food. The tri-ply base of the pressure cooker also prevents food from getting burnt.
- Pristine pressure cooker includes safety features like safety plug, gasket release system, and most importantly, weight valve.
- Adoption of prime quality and exported stainless steel in its manufacturing has increased the durability of the product.
- Pressure cooker comes with a 5-year warranty assured by the manufacturer.
Pros – Pristine pressure cooker rigorously tested safety valve and gasket release are important features to be noted. The make, design, and material of the pressure cooker are best in class. The pristine pressure cooker is energy efficient as it allows heat to distribute evenly and cook food quickly.
Cons – the pressure cooker is not ISI certified. The other drawback we found about the pristine pressure cooker is that it doesn’t have side handles.
SARAL Aluminium 1.5 L Pressure Cooker with Inner Lid
SARAL is one of the leading companies in the field of manufacturing pressure cookers and other kitchen products. The company aims at providing clever products that make cooking easy and fast. SARAL pressure cooker was designed to provide quality and durable products. To know more about this pressure cooker, read the features, pros, and cons mentioned hereafter.
- Pressure cooker by SARAL is made of food-grade aluminum silicone gasket for safety and comfort
- The capacity of the SARAL pressure cooker is 1.5 litres – suitable for small quantity cooking needs
- Design and make of the pressure cooker is ideal for cooking beans, vegetables, and lentils for making various Indian recipes
- Pressure cooker is produced to offer cost-effective, fuel-saving, and fast cooking needs of an Indian household.
- SARAL pressure cooker is compatible with all gas stoves and includes easy-grip user –friendly handle for convenience
Pros – SARAL pressure cooker includes stainless steel fasteners. The cooker design is easy to use and clean. Finally, the anti-bulging processed bottom of the pressure cooker increases its life.
Cons – The design of the pressure cooker is the inner lid, which some users find difficult to operate. Also, the product is not ISI certified.
Sunkwik Easie Pressure Cooker 1 LTR, Inner LID with Spiral Grooving
Sunkwik pressure cooker may appear to be new, but the company is in existence for the past 14 years. Sunkwik pressure cooker is manufactured by a company based out of Kolkata. The company is considered one of the leading business dealers in home appliances. Sunkwik pressure cookers are quality products as the company believes in honesty and transparency in their administration. The features, pros, and cons of the pressure cooker that aids in buying the product are mentioned below.
- The pressure cooker is made of food-grade aluminum that is safe for cooking food. The capacity of the pressure cooker is 1 litre, which is suitable for bachelors or 2 people.
- Stainless steel bracket of the pressure cooker by Sunkwik increases the durability and efficiency of the product.
- Gasket of the pressure is certified by the appropriate authority that lasts long and is shielded by a safety valve.
- The safety feature of the product is further guaranteed by the pressure regulating device and heat resistant Bakelite handle.
- Sunkwik stainless steel pressure cooker is ISO certified
- This product comes with 6 years of warranty from the manufacturer.
Pros – Sunkwik pressure cooker is a quality product, whose performance is assured by the manufacturer by including 6 years of warranty. The product includes safety features that make it suitable for daily usage.
Cons– Sunkwik pressure cooker capacity is very small. It can act as an extra pressure cooker for your homes to make Daal and curries.
How to buy the best pressure cooker in India? – Buying Guide
As mentioned earlier in the article, buying a pressure cooker is an easy task, but choosing the right model is tough. Choosing the right and perfect pressure cooker model, which is suitable for our family needs, takes time and effort. So before buying a pressure cooker, understand the significant features to check and consider. In the below paragraphs, we have shared information on the most important features to look for when buying any pressure cooker models.
- Size of the pressure cooker
The size of the pressure cooker is the most important feature you need to consider. Buying a pressure cooker model, which is too big or too small for your family, is a waste of money. To decide on the size of the pressure cooker, consider your family size and the amount of food you make regularly. These factors will help you determine the right side of the pressure cooker to buy. 1.5 -2 litres of the pressure cooker is perfect for making rice or dal and curries for a family of 2 -3 people. Buying a large pressure cooker is a waste of money (unless necessary) as it consumes more energy and is hard to maintain.
- The material of the pressure
The material of the pressure cooker that you want to purchase can be a crucial point for making a decision. Stainless steel and aluminium are two different types of materials that we use in a pressure cooker. Before buying a pressure cooker, consider whether the material of the pressure cooker you want to buy is of good quality and safe for health. Considering small things like these is a necessary step in picking the right model of the pressure cooker in India.
- Brand of the pressure cooker
The next factor you need to consider when buying a pressure cooker is the brand. The brand value of the pressure cooker plays a vital role in your decision process. The brand of a pressure cooker determines the features, design, and quality of the product. Ensure you pick a pressure cooker with good brand value as this gets you a better warranty and spares.
- Quality of the pressure cooker
Irrespective of the money you spend on a pressure cooker, the quality of the product determines its life. Even when you buy a high – value, and branded pressure cooker do consider its quality. Investing in a quality product can be expensive on the face of it, but it will last long. Choose a quality pressure cooker so that you can rely on the safety and performance of the product.
The last and the most significant factor that you need to consider when buying a pressure cooker is the amount of money you are willing to spend on it. The price of the pressure cooker varies on size, model, features, and company. Predetermining the amount of money you are willing to spend on a pressure cooker will help you stay within the budget and choose the best model.
With this, we are concluding our article on the ten best pressure cooker models that you can buy today. The product review of each of these models shared in the article is very useful in making your decision. To make the purchase simple, we have also shared the link to the online store.
For any person looking to buy a pressure cooker, this article will be helpful. You can either choose a pressure cooker from the list mentioned here or use the buying guide to select something else. Regardless of which way to prefer to choose a model, buying a pressure cooker will improve your cooking skills and help make delicious food at home. We hope this article has motivated you to pick a pressure cooker that is reliable for your kitchen.