If you check any Indian kitchen, you will hardly find any kitchen without a pressure cooker. It is impossible to find. This is a handy kitchen appliance that can help you cook food faster than the normal cooking process. It uses steam pressure to cook food faster, which saves both time and also energy. Also, there are many health benefits of cooking using a pressure cooker as it uses very less water, which means minerals and vitamins in the vegetables retain. The nutrients also do not get oxidized as the food is not exposed to air during the cooking process.
Most of the Indian women prefer these pressure cookers as the taste and aroma also will be locked in the food when it is cooked in a closed cooking pot. The maintenance and cleaning of these pressure cookers are also simple and do not take a lot of time. Most of the latest pressure cookers are dishwasher safe, and the process of cleaning gets much simpler.
With so many advantages, everyone will love to buy a pressure cooker for their kitchen. But do you that a pressure cooker that simplifies your cooking process can complicate the selection process? Yes, there are so many brands in the Indian market, and so many different models with different capacities make it very complicated for you to pick the right pressure cooker. A 5-liter pressure cooker is one of the most common size pressure cookers that you find in most of the houses. So, to simplify your job and make it easy for you to pick a 5-liter pressure cooker, we have listed the top 5 pressure cookers for you. You can also go through the buying guide, which will guide you through the process of buying or the important things to keep in mind when buying a pressure cooker.
Table of Contents
- Best 10 Liter Pressure Cooker in India 2020
- Prestige Pressure Cooker
- Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker
- Wonderchef Power Pressure Cooker
- Lifelong Pressure Cooker
- Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
- Cello Prima Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Butterfly Blue Line Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Universal Pride Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- United Pressure Cooker 5 LTR
- UCOOK Super Silver Plus Induction Base Aluminium Inner Lid Pressure Cooker
- Things to keep in mind when buying a pressure cooker – buying guide
Best 10 Liter Pressure Cooker in India 2020
Here are the best 5-liter pressure cookers in India…
Prestige Pressure Cooker
First, on the list, we have the Prestige Pressure Cooker. Prestige is one of the leading kitchen appliances brands in the Indian market. It is a 5-liter capacity pressure cooker. It is made of high-quality aluminum material, and this is an affordable and good material. The handle of the pressure cooker has a sturdy and long handle, which gives you a good grip to handle the cooker even when it is hot. It has a gasket release and safety plug that makes the pressure cooker safe, and it also gives peace of mind to the people cooking using it. It comes in silver color. It is compatible only on the gas tops and not compatible with the induction cooktops. You will be able to cook a variety of dishes using this pressure cooker. It comes with a warranty from the manufacturer.
- Prestige is the most leading pressure cooker brand in India.
- It has a capacity of 5 liters.
- The handle of the cooker is long and strong enough to handle it even when it is hot.
- It comes in silver color.
- It is made of aluminum material.
- No cons so far
Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker
Next, on the list, we have the Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker. Hawkins is the first pressure cooker brand in India. This is one of the brands that you can rely on when you are buying a pressure cooker. With a five-liter capacity pressure cooker, you will be able to cook food for a family of 5 to 6 members, and you can cook almost anything in it. There are no leaks from this pressure cooker and hence it is a very safe cooker for you. The thickness of the base is 3.25 mm, and that is a good base thickness. It is compatible only on gas tops and cannot be used on induction cooktops. It is made of aluminum material and comes in silver color. It comes with a five-year warranty from the manufacturer. There is also a cookbook available with the pack of this pressure cooker.
- One of the oldest pressure cooker brands, Hawkins.
- It is good for a family of 5 to 6 members.
- The base of the cooker is 3.25 mm
- It is good for gas tops
- It comes with a five-year warranty.
- It is not compatible with the induction cooktops.
Wonderchef Power Pressure Cooker
Next, on the list, we have the Wonderchef Power Pressure Cooker. One cooker and many dishes are possible with this pressure cooker. You will be able to cook dal, rice, Idli and many other dishes that can be made when you have just one cooker in your kitchen. The pressure cooker is made using the Virgin Aluminum material and it is a durable material. It comes with a base that is compatible with induction cooktops. It can be used on gas top and induction top as well. For the easy release of the pressure, there is a gasket release and safety valve present in this pressure cooker. The handle of the pressure cooker is heat resistant and provides a perfect grip. The body of the pressure cooker has a mirror finish and that makes it look very beautiful. It is available in silver color. It has a five-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- You can cook a lot of things with just one cooker.
- The cooker is made of Virgin aluminum
- It is compatible with aluminum material as well.
- The handle is heat resistant.
- The body has a mirror-like finish.
- It comes with a five-year warranty.
- No cons so far
Lifelong Pressure Cooker
Next, on the list, we have a Lifelong Pressure Cooker. It is a five-liter pressure cooker. It is different from the three pressure cookers we have seen so far. It has an inner lid, which means the lid goes inside the cooker when you are closing the lid of the pressure cooker. It is made of Virgin Aluminum and it is a highly durable material. Along with that, it is also a light-weight material, making it easy for you to lift it. The body of the pressure cooker is sturdy and strong. The handle of the pressure cooker is sturdy and gives you a good grip when the cooker is hot. The color of the pressure cooker is stainless steel. It is an ISI certified pressure cooker and so you need not have to worry about anything when you are buying or using this pressure cooker. It comes with a five-year warranty.
- It is an inner lid pressure cooker.
- It is made of Virgin Aluminum.
- The pressure cooker is light in weight.
- It is an ISI certified cooker.
- It comes with a five-year warranty.
- The color of the pressure cooker is stainless steel.
- No cons so far
Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
Last, on the list, we have the Hawkins Contura Pressure cooker. The shape and the color of this pressure cooker are very attractive. It comes in black color. It has a 4.88 mm thick magnetic stainless steel base, which makes it compatible for cooking on the induction cooktops. You can also use it on electric and ceramic cooktops as well. The thick base will help in heating the food faster and hence the cooking process will also be completed faster. It will also retain the heat for a long time. The rounded sides of the cooker make it easy for you to stir and also offers better visibility. You will also be able to take the food out very easily. It comes with a five-year warranty.
It has rounded sides, which make it different and attractive.
It is black in color.
It has a 4.88 mm thick base.
It is compatible with induction cooktops, ceramic cooktops and also electric cooktops.
The thick base retains heat for a long time.
It comes with a five-year warranty.
No cons so far
Cello Prima Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Features a sturdy aluminium body for durability
- Provides fast and energy efficient cooking
- Compatible with induction cooktops and gas stoves
- Non corroding handle
- Induction compatible base which ensures rapid cooking and even pressure
- Handle with special lock arrangement for uni-directional rotation
- ISI Certified
- Color: Silver, Material: Aluminium
Butterfly Blue Line Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Ergonomically and Aesthetically designed, easy grip, stay cool handle
- Handle with special lock arrangement for uni-directional rotation, Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Specially formulated food -grade rubber gasket for longer life and Gasket release system for safety
- Fast and energy efficient cooking
- Precisely designed weight set for fast cooking
- Thicker base for rapid cooking and even pressure
- Peel proof, induction compatible base
Universal Pride Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- Material: Aluminium; Colour: Silver
- Capacity: 5 Litre
- Cookware Features: Gas Stovetop Compatible
- Package Contents: 1 Body, 1 Lid, 2 Handles, 1 Gasket, 1 Whistle, 1 Safety Valve
- Warranty: 5 Years Manufacturer Warranty
United Pressure Cooker 5 LTR
- Brand: united
- Material: aluminium
- Colour: silver
- Capacity: 5 ltrs
- Dimensions (lxbxh) in cms of each peice: : 420x230x200 other features: warranty: 60 months
UCOOK Super Silver Plus Induction Base Aluminium Inner Lid Pressure Cooker
- Made from High Grade Virgin Aluminium from Hindalco
- Compatible with gas and inductrion
- Injection molded, cool touch Bakelite handles for better and safe gripping
- Lead Free safety valve
- Gasket made from Specially Formulated Food Grade Rubber
- Package Content: 1 – Pressure Cooker ( 5 Ltr )
- Color: Black, Material: Aluminium, Capacity: 5 Litres
- Warranty Information: 5 years on product
Things to keep in mind when buying a pressure cooker – buying guide
It is not a tough job to pick the right pressure cooker for your kitchen as it is one of the common kitchen appliances. But if you are buying it for the first time or if you are not happy with your previous purchase, then here is the list of important things to keep in mind when buying a pressure cooker…
Type of pressure cooker:
The first thing to consider is the type of pressure cooker you need. There are three types of pressure cookers stainless steel, aluminum, and hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker. The stainless steel ones are the affordable and durable option, and when coming to the aluminum they are not durable, but they come at an affordable price. If you are looking for something highly durable, then hard-anodized aluminum pressure cookers are the best choice. But the only drawback is they are very expensive.
You will be able to find pressure cookers from 0.5 liter capacity to 10 liters capacity as well. So, depending on the number of persons in your family and what you will be cooking in that pressure cooker will help you pick the right size for your family.
One of the very important things to keep in mind when you are buying a pressure cooker and one of the most common factors that are neglected by the people buying customers buying the pressure cooker is the handles part. Usually, the pressure cooker is heavy, and when the cooking process is done, it gets heavier. In such a situation, the pressure cooker is also hot and having a large and sturdy handle will be very useful.
Outer Lid or inner Lid:
There are two lids for a pressure cooker – outer lid and inner lid. When closing, the outer lid hangs outside the cooker, while the inner lid ones go inside the cooker. Small size pressure cookers come with inner lids, and the higher capacity lids come with an outer lid. So, but even small ones are available with an outer lid as well. You need to pick one that matches your requirements.
No non-stick pressure cookers:
When you are buying any kitchen cookware, you go for non-stick cookware. But when you are choosing a pressure cooker, you should always say NO to the non-stick pressure cookers. The pressure cookers are long-lasting, but when you are selecting with non-stick coating, then the coating will wear off soon and so that they are a BIG NO.
Induction cooktops are the latest trend, and many homemakers are upgrading their kitchens with induction cooktops. So, it is always good to buy a pressure cooker that is good on gas top, induction cooktop or electric cooktop. This way, you will be able to save some money and space in your kitchen as you need not have to pick so many different cookers.
Most of the people prefer using dishwashers in their kitchen as they have a busy lifestyle and do not find time for doing dishes. In that case, having a pressure cooker that is dishwasher safe will save you some time. You need not have to worry about its cleaning and maintenance as well.
You will get extended warranty for some pressure cookers, and you should always select brands that offer a maximum warranty for their pressure cookers. A maximum warranty or the period of warranty offered by the brand talks about the quality of their product, and so it is good to invest on such pressure cookers. If possible, you can also check the reviews about each product before you buy a pressure cooker.
Overall, we have listed all that you need to know before you buy a pressure cooker for your kitchen and also listed the top 5 pressure cookers for you. We hope this article is helpful for you to pick the best pressure cooker. Just make sure that you are considering your requirements before you make a choice. You will automatically be able to find the right pressure cooker for you.