Cooking Indian food is an art that comes with experience and using the finest ingredient in the right quantity to render the perfect taste.
But, the use of the right equipment or cooker can add a lot to what you are cooking. Using a pressure cooker help reducing the time it takes, and it also reduces the efforts. It is an essential item in every Indian kitchen, and you can use these to prepare a wide range of dishes.
From cooking lentil soup to Indian curries, a good quality pressure cooker offers a lot and great versatility. On the other hand, going with the purchase of the best electric pressure cooker can feel like a better choice than the gas stove pressure cooker.
As it is clear from the name that these pressure cookers work on electricity and they have the option to adjust the temperature, choose the model, and a few more factors.
Among all the features, auto-turn off is a great feature, and the best part is, cooking takes less time when you prefer the use of such types.
However, finding the most reliable product of choice seems a bit typical considering the variety, features, number of manufacturers, and design aspects. But, you don’t need to panic about it anymore.
We got you covered with our list of the top 10 best options available in the market. To come up with this list, we did lots of research, talked to experts, learned the expectation, and looked after all the important features.
Claiming that all the products are best might confuse you, so we added pros and cons with a short description of each product, which will help you learn everything about a product in a couple of seconds.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
- 1. Panasonic SR-WA10 450-Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2. 3 QT Mealthy MultiPot Electric Pressure Cooker
- 3. Geek Robocook Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker
- 4. Crock-Pot Express Electric Pressure Cooker
- 5. Preethi Touch EPC005 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 6. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 7. NutriCook Smart Electric Pressure Cooker
- 8. Elica Electric Pressure Cooker
- 9. American Micronic Instamagic Electric Pressure Cooker
- 10. Asent Stainless Steel Electric Pressure Cooker
- How to Choose the Best Electric Pressure Cooker? – A Layman’s Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
Even though traditional pressure cookers are good at their job, they are a lot harder to clean, require changing the seal rubber every couple of months, and they take lots of time in cooking. So, convenience is our primary focus in this arrangement of the best electric pressure cookers. Let’s have a look –
1. Panasonic SR-WA10 450-Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
In the list of top-notch manufacturers, Panasonic has a remarkable name from the past couple of years. They are known for the affordable price and great durability of the product. Due to this, the purchase of Panasonic SR-WA10 450-Watt Automatic Cooker Without Warmer seems like a reliable choice of all kinds.
It has 2.7 KG of capacity, and it can pre-cook 1 kg. The other factor which can be attractive the most about this product is, it is specially made to cook rice. There aren’t many settings to look after, but it gets the job done as well as in less amount of time. Due to such factors, you can find it a highly reliable deal over the other ones.
- It has a great build quality.
- It made for raw rice cooking mainly.
- The total capacity of 2.7 kg.
- It comes with a scoop holder with the pack.
- Two years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Offers value for money deal.
2. 3 QT Mealthy MultiPot Electric Pressure Cooker
With a stainless-steel pot and an advanced number of features, 3 QT Mealthy MultiPot Electric Pressure Cooker seems a legit deal to nail the first spot. It can do nine different jobs and get you the finest taste in a couple of minutes with the smart cooking functionality. It has a steamer basket as well as a trivet to save money on the purchase.
There are capacitive touch buttons on the main site, and these fourteen buttons help you program whatever food you want to cook. It also has a smartphone app that you can connect using your iOS or Android device to avail of better functionality from the same product. Durability is not a major concern about stainless steel.
- It comes in standard size for such a low price.
- Built quality is remarkably good and appreciable.
- 14 touch capacitive button to program it effectively.
- Five years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Connect with your smartphone using the iOS or Android App.
- The smartphone app is a little bit buggy.
3. Geek Robocook Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker
By offering the perfect blend of smart features and great build quality, Geek Robocook won our hearts in terms of effective engineering. Here, Geek Robocook Automatic electric pressure cooker has 11 different presets which allow you to cook any kind of Indian dish from north to south. It ensures that you can cook Pongal, Sambar, Idly, Biryani, Pulao, and a lot more dishes.
It comes with seven different safety features such as guarding pressure, fitment, temperature, exhaust, and a lot more. It requires very little manual intervention when cooking your favourite dish. On the other hand, the manufacturer is offering two years of warranty on the same product, which will help you grab the best deal for a much lower price point.
- All the safety features are included here.
- Easy to use design with smart preset functioning.
- It requires less manual intervention while cooking.
- Perfect for most kind of South and North Indian dishes.
- Offer plenty of different styles of cooking in the same unit.
- Two years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- It takes a little time to heat up.
4. Crock-Pot Express Electric Pressure Cooker
Due to such several heartwarming reviews and great features, skipping Crock-Pot Express Electric Pressure Cooker might be a bad choice. Thus, we took a close look at the design, and it is good enough to make you consider the product. The stainless steel is of high quality and the buttons give a great quality feel also.
Number of features to adjust the temperature, time, and adjust the type of cooking to enhance the overall cooking experience. You have four different ways to cook using this product, and using presets can ensure the better functionality of the same. The only issue is, the plastic quality at the handle doesn’t seem that good or pleasing to the eyes.
- It offers four different ways of cooking.
- 12-in-1 different programmable modes for easier cooking.
- Adjust temperature, set timer, and do a lot more for a better experience.
- Stainless steel has genuine, built quality.
- It consumes a slightly lower amount of electricity than usual.
- It takes a little time to heat up.
- Plastic quality at the handle isn’t that good.
5. Preethi Touch EPC005 Electric Pressure Cooker
Preethi might be a less popular brand in this list, but they are known for an intense number of features and functionality for such a genuine price point. So, going with the purchase of Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Liter Electric Pressure Cooker can fit into your budget, and it offers a capacity of 6 litres, which can provide enough support to fulfil your specific need for sure.
The design is premium, and it has plenty of presets. You can adjust the timer, speed, and pressure. There are few safety features to ensure that you don’t face any issue with the usability factor. The best part is, the manufacturer is offering a year of warranty from the date of purchase. This reason can make you rely on the same without any problem.
- It has a simple design with great capacity.
- It comes with a number of preset for Indian dishes.
- Built quality is up to the mark and quite reliable.
- Easy to use design and functionality.
- It doesn’t take much time to heat up to an accurate temperature.
- Price is quite affordable, considering the features.
- Only one year of warranty might be a bad choice.
- Take a little time to heat before you start cooking.
6. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Coming up next on our list is Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker. It is a premium-priced product with some premium quality features to enhance the overall cooking experience in several manners. It can replace Pressure cooker, steamer, slow cooker, sauté pan, food warmer, rice cooker, and many more.
Meanwhile, it has a capacity of 5.7 Liters, which can help cooking food for five people without any problem. It heats up instantly and provides fast cooking with great taste to your food. It has a food warmer, which will reduce the hassle of heating dishes again. The smart features are quite helpful to provide great advantages with the functionality.
- It offers 7 in 1 functionality with its great design.
- Easy to use preset controls for cooking whatever you like.
- Built quality is quite premium and easy to rely on.
- Small display to show you time and temperature.
- Safety features like auto-release and more are added to the same.
- It comes for a premium price point.
- It takes a little time to learn the method to use it.
7. NutriCook Smart Electric Pressure Cooker
In the list of smart pressure cookers, going with the Purchase of NutriBullet NutriCook Smart Electric Pressure Cooker is a genuine choice. This product has all the essential features which can help with functionality and getting you the finest taste in a couple of minutes. It preserves electricity with smart cooking methods.
It offers 9 in 1 functionality, which reduces the need for buying other equipment. The smart controls allow you to adjust temperature, pressure, and timer settings to use all the different modes and preset without any problem. It has programmable presets at the same time so you won’t have to worry about any kind of issue while learning to use it.
- Easy to learn features for beginners.
- Plenty of safety features for easier usability.
- It provides 9 in 1 functionality for effective cooking.
- Compact with 5.7 litters of impressive capacity.
- Slow cooking provides a perfect taste when cooking any Indian dish.
- After-sale services of this brand are not effective in India.
- It comes for a slightly expensive price point.
8. Elica Electric Pressure Cooker
In case you want an affordable deal with all the necessary features, then going with Elica is not a bad choice. The purchase of Elica Electric Pressure Cooker is good for beginners. It offers a 7-in-1 multifunctional program so that you can use this electric pressure cooker for a wide number of dishes and save time without any problem.
The design is great, and the built quality is up to the mark here, which can make you consider this as a reliable deal. Looking at the safety features, there are more than five different types of detectors, and pressure release features to avoid any accident while using the same. You can toggle controls easily and set the desired time, temperature, pressure, or more.
- One of the simple but compact design to prefer.
- Built quality is up to the mark, considering the price.
- It provides 6 liters of capacity, enough to go after.
- It comes with seven different safety features.
- Provides 7 in 1 programmable functionality.
- Availability is a common problem with this product.
- The fewer number of negative reviews from the manufacturers.
9. American Micronic Instamagic Electric Pressure Cooker
Looking after the purchase of premium build quality and an eye-catchy design can enhance the overall look of your kitchen. The purchase of an American Micronic Instamagic Electric Pressure Cooker seems like a perfect choice for Indian kitchens based on the type of functions offers in the same.
You can expect 70% faster cooking from the same model, and it is also available in the non-stick version. There are 12 easy to cook programs, and all of them are easy to toggle from the small screen given on the front side. The capacity is good enough to rely on, and this product can easily fulfil your needs due to such great design and functionality.
- Available in two different options, stainless steel and non-stick.
- Built quality is up to the mark, and design is reliable.
- Easy to toggle control at the front side with a small display.
- Safety features are given the primary consideration here.
- It comes with five litter containers for easier cooking.
- The non-stick coating is not durable, so try to avoid the non-stick version.
10. Asent Stainless Steel Electric Pressure Cooker
The last product of choice to fulfil your need effectively is Ascent Stainless Steel Electric Pressure Cooker. You can expect precision cooking with the purchase of this product, and you can expect great design, easy to use functionality and find plenty of positive reviews about this product to attract toward the purchase.
It has easy to toggle control at the front side, and there is a small display to help you adjust whatever setting you want. It has few safety features like quick pressure release to help while cooking. The capacity of 6 litres can ensure safer purchases over other options. On the other hand, the affordable price can enhance the quality of the deal.
- It provides a great deal for a much lower price point.
- The capacity of 6 litter is reliable and good to prefer.
- The product is simple and easy to clean at the same time.
- Programmable modes to help you cook with ease.
- There is a non-stick Teflon coating for effective cooking.
- Compact and lightweight design to help with usability.
- Teflon coating is not durable at all.
- The in-hand feel of the plastic is not that genuine.
How to Choose the Best Electric Pressure Cooker? – A Layman’s Buying Guide
Probably, you already had this question popping in mind that how we landed on this arrangement of ten products. To clear out this doubt, we made a list of factors that we were looking at. You can also check a similar number of factors and pay close attention to what your priority is. Let’s begin –
Capacity is always important to decide before checking out the variety. Pressure cookers are available in several sizes. Generally, the selection of a 7-litre cooker is enough to cook food for a nuclear family having 4 to 5 members. The higher the capacity, the higher the price is. And, buying a large pressure cooker is a wastage of energy as if you are cooking food for a few people. So, you should decide wisely.
Stainless steel is widely preferred in the manufacturing of pressure cookers, and it is quite an obvious thing to consider. But, we are talking about the outer plastic or the casing. It is mainly made up of BPA-free and food-grade plastic. You should take a close look when choosing the product. It will give a better insight into the overall built also.
Quick Release and Pressure Indicator
Many types of pressure indicators are used by the manufacturer, and some manufacturers prefer cheap quality in these criteria to reduce the production cost. Check out the products which have durable and accurate pressure indicators. Meanwhile, having a feature called quick release help reducing the pressure to a normal level and keeping the food ready to be served.
Pressure Levels Option
After learning about the indicator, you must ensure pressure level options. You can check the pressure level rating and learn about the maximum pressure level offered by the same. Before investing a good amount in the purchase, you should ensure that it has a higher rating so that you can cook any dish without any problem. Some Indian dishes require higher pressure for a perfect blend to render all the ingredients effectively.
An electric cooker with the option to preset an individual program for the dish you cook quite often will enhance the convenience. Due to this, you will be able to cook the desired dish with less hassle, and you don’t have to consider all the settings again. Just press a single button, and you are good to go. Effortless cooking is everything that’s why you can consider it for sure.
Lid Close Detection
Among all the safety features, close lid detection is a good feature to have, and spending slightly extra on this feature won’t harm your pocket too much. Hence, getting this feature will be an add-on to safety. Some manufacturer offers a feature like a gas detector, safety pressure release, temperature detection, etc. It is always important that you don’t skip safety for affordability.
Getting a long-term warranty to ensure the best purchase. An electric cooker doesn’t have much to cause many problems, but the warranty is an extra layer of protection to your investment. On the other hand, landing on products with a warranty seems easier, and you can make the decision blindly with such brands. Considering reputed brands will be helpful in your purchase, that’s why you can consider such other features also.
What to avoid
The primary feature which tempts the most but ends up causing trouble with durability is Non-Stick Properties. The Teflon coating is good among pans, but it can not withstand higher pressure and heat. Durability seems like the major concern here, and you should be avoiding such a product. Adding more into the same, any type of coating to help with effective cooking is a bait, not a feature. Avoiding such products can help you invest money in the right place.
The cost of an electric pressure cooker is dependent on the capacity, type of safety features, brand, and warranty factor. When you are finalizing the purchase, checking the warranty and then looking again at a price will help you understand why this product costs such a high or low amount. An electric cooker is a one-time investment; therefore, try to keep a flexible budget to grab the best deal for your specific need.
After going through all the mentioned aspects, going through a bunch of reviews will take a couple of seconds. It will be a great way to take an in-depth look at durability, ensuring the after-sale services of the manufacturer, and learning about the value of the deal. While making our list, we considered reviews of customers. Make sure that you don’t check to rate only because it is sometimes misguiding. Looking at several reviews and then checking to rate is a better method here.
Bonus Tip – Most brands offer a warranty on electric pressure cookers, and you should not avoid it. The chances of facing issues with durability are always there, and cheap quality products mostly end up with technical defects. So, you must pay serious attention to such factors.
When it comes to the purchase of the best electric pressure cooker, most people feel confused about the huge variety. Here we picked some of the best choices which are highly reliable, easy to use, comes at a reasonable price, and offer plenty of quirky tweaks. Make sure that you go through our buying guide to make this decision easily.
Apparently, capacity is an essential factor not to miss at all. So, we picked all the products which came in small and large capacity also. You can easily cook food for more than six people with the options we mentioned. We hope that this post will come in handy, and it will make a significant difference while choosing the right product.