After serving a satisfying dinner when you go back to the kitchen, you see dirty vessels filled in the sink. If you have made delicious biryani with pressure cooker leftovers, stick on to the bottom of the vessel. It can be a daunting task to scrub off the tough stains in a pressure cooker. Indian dishes are full, fragrant spices and ingredients so whenever you cook, you can see brunt leftovers and tough stains at the bottom of the pressure cooker. As a pressure cooker is important cookware, you may need to wash it correctly to reuse it for cooking. Let’s see the ways to clean or wash the pressure cooker effortlessly.
Points to remember
- Always soak your pressure cooker in hot water immediately after using it.
- As your cooking involves oil, spices, grease forms easily. Use the cliff grease removal product to remove oil stains.
- Always see the manual of the cookware and avoid the cleaning methods or items that should not be used on it.
- Before using any cleaning solution, use it on a small part of the cooker to ensure whether the solution suits your cookware.
Table of Contents
- Clean and act quickly
- Cleaning process of burnt pressure cooker
- Cleaning process of aluminum pressure cooker
- The onions for stain removal
Clean and act quickly
- After every use of the pressure cooker soak it in a sink of hot water. You can add your preferred washing liquid and allow it to soak for an hour or two.
- Now nicely wash the pressure cooker in running water with enough detergent and use a sponge to scrub. As you have pre-soaked the cookware, the stains come off easily. After washing, dry the cookware with a dishcloth; leave no excess water to avoid water stains.
- A good oven cleaner can also be used during the washing process for the best cleaning result.
Cleaning process of burnt pressure cooker
Even though cooking in a pressure cooker saves time and energy, many at times food items burn or settle tough at the bottom. However, you can try the below method to clean a burnt pressure cooker
Tartar is a cleaning agent that can be found in any spice store. So use this mixture, 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar and the same spoons of lemon juice. Leave the two ingredients to boil in a liter of water.
- Now pour the hot solution in the pressure cooker and for an hour soak the cooker.
- Scrub and clean the pressure cooker with a scorching pad. Instead of a metal pad, try using a soft pad to avoid damaging the cooker.
- For effective cleaning, you can also boil the cream of tartar in the pressure cooker itself. After it soaks and cools down, you can scrub off burnt stains easily.
Cleaning process of aluminum pressure cooker
- Vinegar has powerful stain removing properties. Therefore, Use the white vinegar and water solution to soak the cooker overnight.
- However, while cleaning, make sure you put a proper amount of vinegar. Otherwise, the solution can stain or damage the aluminum cooktop. Even after cleaning, make sure that the vinegar solution is rinsed nicely. For safety, you can also check the solution by using it in a small part of the cooker.
- If you did not get white vinegar, then the best alternative is the baking soda. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water. Apply this paste to all the parts of the pressure cooker. Leave the paste until dry on the cooker. Then wash it or clean it with a sponge or scorching pad.
The onions for stain removal
A pressure cooker is long-lasting cookware. After several uses, you can see black stains everywhere on the cooker. If you want your pressure cooker to look new and smooth, then try this method. Now fill your cooker with water that covers up the stained areas. Drop 6 onion skins on the cookware. Place the cooker on the high flame stove and close the lid of the cooker. Boil the water and onion skins for at least 20 minutes. Now you can scrub the surface with onion skin for better results. You can see great cleaning results when cleaning the cooktop with onion and water.
You can try all the above cleaning processes for effective stain removal. To keep your cooker clean, do not store food items in it and avoid keeping it in the refrigerator. Use the soft sponge pad to remove stains when using the above methods.