Biryani is the all-time favorite food for many Indians. This aromatic bliss includes spices, herbs, and basmati rice that tastes amazing. Egg biryani is the easiest delicious, and flavored dish that can be cooked effortlessly with your pressure cooker. If you want, it takes a short time to prepare egg biryani, and if you want to have an extraordinary meal, then this is the best choice. Any raita variety such as onion, cucumber, or mint raita goes well with the dish. If you want to know how to cook delicious egg biryani in the pressure cooker easily, then follow the recipe and instructions given below.
Table of Contents
Tips before cooking
- For 1 cup of long basmati rice, you can add ¼ cup water while cooking in the pressure cooker. According to your rice quantity, subsequently, increase the cups of water.
- If even after 2 whistles, the biryani is not cooked, add 1/2 cup water and put it for one more whistle.
- Cook the egg biryani on the medium flame when cooking in a pressure cooker.
- One cup of ¼ basmati rice.
- Total 6 eggs out of which 4 eggs boiled
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Biryani masala 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper 1 tablespoon.
- Tomato 3 pureed
- Curd ¼ cup
- Green chillies 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Onions 3 sliced and 1 chopped
Spices for biryani
- Bay leaf 2
- Blade mace 1
- Cardamom 3
- Cloves 4
- Star anise 1
- Cinnamon 1 small
- Caraway seeds ½ cup
Pre preparation ingredients
- Wash the basmati rice nicely in running water. Wash it at least 3 times for the cloudiness to go. Drain excess water and keep the rice aside.
- Now finely chop 1 onion, 2 diced onions, 1 chopped green chilli, coriander leaves, and mint leaves have to chop finely.
- Boil four eggs and remove the shells. Put the boiled eggs in a box and shake it. When you open the shells they will be broken now and they can easily remove the shells.
- Take a few saffron strands and put it in the warm milk.
- Now keep all the chopped and sliced vegetables and pureed tomato aside.
Preparing the biryani with a pressure cooker
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in the pressure cooker. Now add the sliced onions and sauté it until golden brown. After that, take that out and keep it aside on a plate.
- Now it’s time to add the spices. Start with adding turmeric powder, chilli powder, and biryani masala. Now add the 4 boiled eggs and nicely mix it with the spices. Now, add the mixture of beaten eggs, pepper powder and salt with the rest of the eggs in the pressure cooker.
- After 3 minutes, you can see that the eggs are scrambled and take it out and set aside.
- Now add the chopped onion and all the whole spices mentioned in the spices of the biryani section. Sauté nicely and then after 1 minute add ginger garlic paste. Stir these items till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the rest of the powders that is turmeric powder, chilli, coriander, and biryani masala powder. Add salt to taste. Fry for a couple of minutes
- Along with the above items, add the pureed tomato and a cup of curd. This has to be cooked until the oil separates.
- Add water and keep the stove on low flame. Mix everything nicely and check whether the salt is correct.
Layering and plating
- When the above items boil with water, add the items kept aside that is scrambled eggs, eggs, all the fried items, onions, coriander, mint leaves, and chillies. Now stir everything nicely.
- Now add the basmati rice and slowly stir and make it even.
- Layer the rice with clarified butter, biryani masala powder, coriander, mint leaves, and pour the saffron milk evenly.
- Now close the lid of the pressure cooker tightly. Cook up to 2 to 3 whistles.
- After the pressure settles down, open the lid carefully.
- Now slightly fluff the biryani with a fork. If there is excess water in the bottom, you can cook the biryani in slow heat if the water vanishes.
- Now your aromatic egg biryani is ready. You can serve this delicious dish with a raita.
Cooking egg biryani in a pressure cooker is very simple if you carefully follow the above instructions. Enjoy this aromatic bliss with your family and friends on special occasions.
Hope you like this recipe if you want to know What are the top 10 best pressure cooker recipes then click here, you can find the top 10 best pressure cooker recipes which includes both veg dishes.
This blog is made for all those people who are looking for the best and reliable pressure cooker online, here at Pressurecookeronline.in you will get all type of pressure cooker reviews, pros & cons, size, brand & price wise and hope you will get the best pressure cooker from this guide.